has been deemed the most depressing day of the year………
Usually 3rd Monday of January, it sees the end of the festive season and Christmas frivolities, it brings colder weather, for some New Year resolutions have already failed, there are winter bugs doing the rounds especially as children go back to school, we go back to work and it’s another 2 weeks until pay day!!!
But the colour BLUE is a very positive colour, it signifies:-
Calmness, Serenity, Intelligence, Sincerity, Wisdom, Patience, Peace, Tranquility and Trust
These are all wonderfully uplifting words and far from the suggestion of depression, however, for some January is a very difficult month to get through.
5 Top Tips to help combat the Blue Monday and in general the January Blues………..
- Make time for Hobbies – whether its going to the gym or reading a good book, doing something for yourself can have a dramatic effect on your mental wellbeing. Embrace your inner creative self and maybe try something new like sewing, knitting, cooking or baking a cake.
- Walk in nature – a lovely walk in nature, taking time to appreciate the trees, to actually listen to the birds singing, even walking in the evening to stop and look at the stars, just taking the time to appreciate the beauty that is all around us. The fresh air will enhance your wellbeing whilst getting some much needed Vitamin D will boost the immune system.
- Stay hydrated – drinking plenty of water is always important but keeping your body well hydrated at this time of year will help your immune system. It will flush the body of any toxins from over excess of the festive period, making you feel better as well as make you less likely to succumb to any bugs that are hanging around.
- Think positive – start each day with thinking of 3 positive words for the day (you can do this whilst brushing your teeth) and declaring an affirmation such as “today I will be productive, energetic and determind or brilliant, happy and grateful or fun, generous and genuine. Remember to do it everyday, you’ll be amazed at the difference this can make to your mental wellbeing.
- Smile – sounds corny doesn’t it but try it – smile at someone today and maybe two people tomorrow and I promise it will make their day, they’ll smile back at you, and you will feel so good – it’s infectious!!!!
These are simple tips to avoid the January Blues which don’t have to cost any money which is another positive !!!!! But also remember alongside these to maintain a healthy diet with lots of fresh fruit and veg and to get into a good sleeping routine. You will feel the benefits of all of these and January wont be so Blue for you.
BIOCARE for all your supplementation advice.